This is the site for the McGill Computational Biology Graduate Seminars (CBGS).
We host bi-weekly talks given by graduate students about any topic related to computation and the biological sciences. Talks can be about the student’s research or an interesting paper, technique or theory they would like to share with their peers.
If you are interested in giving a talk please send me an email (carlos [dot] gonzalez [dot] oliver [at] gmail [dot] com) with you title and abstract!
- 28 Jun 2017 Alessandro Ricottone - Information in Physics: a Cellular Automata Example
- 14 Jun 2017 Faizy Ahsan - Prediction of TF-DNA binding based on convolutional neural network architectures.
- 31 May 2017 Christopher JF Cameron - High resolution estimation of DNA-DNA contact frequency from HiC data.
- 26 Apr 2017 Atefeh Mohareji - An introduction to Lasso: a powerful machine learning technique for regression.
- 05 Apr 2017 Maia Kaplan - Intron gain via transposon insertion in Arabidopsis lyrata.